Representing Injured Motorcyclists in San Diego
The San Diego motorcycle injury lawyers at The Law Firm of Howard Williams know that motorcycle accident victims need legal representation that is both skilled and aggressive. Our team of experienced lawyers are here to relieve the frustration and stress of dealing with a personal injury lawsuit, so that you can focus on recovery and getting your life back to normal. Call us today at (858) 654 – 0407
Motorcycle Accidents in San Diego
The conditions of the road can cause many problems for motorcycles. Potholes or inconsistencies that can be completely unnoticed by car and truck drivers can be dangerous for motorcyclists, and not being able to anticipate them can cause a crash. Several hazardous driving conditions include:
- Inclement weather—fog, heavy winds, hail, ice, rain, snow, etc.
- Poor-traction surfaces—gravel, manhole covers, mud/leaves, oil, wet pavement, paint etc.
- Sudden, unexpected obstacles—People, animals, debris, litter, pedestrians, etc.
- Uneven or damaged surfaces—potholes, broken or uneven pavement, bumps, holes, ruts, etc.
Negligent Drivers & Other Vehicles
There are many more cars and trucks on the roadway than motorcycles, and other drivers often fail to see motorcyclists because of their smaller size. When poor visibility conditions come with negligent driving, the consequences can be extremely dangerous. Drivers often forget that motorcycle riders can easily slip into their blind spot or not be visible because of surrounding elements like bridges or fences. Other drivers also have to face the challenge of accurately judging the speed and distance of motorcycles, which can be a potentially fatal error in the case of a collision. If you have been injured in result of a negligent driver call us immediately. (858) 654 – 0407.
Steps to take after a motorcycle accident
- Take photos: Photo evidence of the site of the crash, the damage to your motorcycle and all of your injuries can be very useful.
- Gather info: You will need to get the phone numbers, addresses and any other important info of all parties involved as well as anyone who witnessed the accident.
- Be specific: It’s easy to forget crucial details if they are not written down right away. You probably aren’t thinking clearly after an accident, so it is good to write down the specifics like the date, time, location and position of the vehicles at the time of the crash.
- Filing a police report: It’s important to report the incident to the police. Make sure you receive a copy of the police report too.
- Preserve your vehicle: You may want to repair your motorcycle as soon as possible, but it is very important to preserve your vehicle for a thorough examination by an expert.
- Contact an lawyer: It is in your best interest to contact an attorney right away after being in a motorcycle accident, or any type of accident for that matter. Call us today at (858) 654 – 0407.